1. -Our team will play against the Supersonics this weekend. I'm sure we will win.
A. Good luck B. Cheers C. . Best wishes D. Congratulations
2. Such is _______human nature that many people don't value ________things they possess until they have lost them.
A. /; / B. /; the C. the; the D. a; the
3. I keep medicine on the top shelf, out of the children's _______.
A. reach B. hand C. hold D. place
4. If you can't decide which of the two books to borrow, why don't you take _______? I won't need them this week. w.w.w.k.s.5.u.c.o.m
A. all B. any C. either D. both
5. -Why aren't they here yet?
-They ______the bus.
A. can have missed B. must be late for C. . may have missed D. should have missed
6. He ________the problem ________in his mind for a whole week before he did something about it.
A. switched…on B. kicked…up C. turned…over D. took…on
7 Millions of pounds' worth of damage ________by the storm which swept across the north of England last night.
A. has been caused B. had been caused. C. . will be caused D. will have been caused
8. The lady said she would buy a gift for her daughter with the______
A.20 dollars remained B. remained 20 dollars C. . remaining 20 dollarsD.20 dollars remaining